Tuesday, October 29, 2002

Today’s quote of the day brought to you by Beer – it’s not just for breakfast any more. "There are never enough words to express your love for a person, but there are always more than enough words to describe what you did in the bathroom five minutes earlier."

I am so not a morning person, yet I was up at 6am today. I had an interview with a company called Crewstar today at 8:15am and I need to extra time to wrestle into panty hose and actually do my make up in the house, not on the highway doing 90. I am cautiously optimistic about the interview. I don’t have the video/film production experience that other candidates have, but I’ve got the customer service background. He even gave me a test on some basic industry terms and I got them all correct! Ok, so any dope can figure out what a c-stand and flag are, but a chimera? Betacam? Oh yeah, I’m good. Ok, so I’ve been forced to listen to the industry babble from Blixx & Grips and picked a few things up along the way. Frankly, I got lucky. But c’mon, who of you out there knows what a Grip or Gaffer really are? Hu? He also gave me 4 ‘usual’ things and assuming that they all happen at the same time, asked me to prioritize them. I think I got some points when I put the new business first. Whatever. These folks are notoriously cheap so we’ll see what happens, but I think it really went well.

Took off the panty hose in the car on the way in to work. I thought ahead and brought pants to change into. I’m wicked frickin smart.

Here I sit at work with little actual work to do. We went from panic mode that there was too much for all of us to do (ah, last week…the good old days), to this giant slow down. I’m actually thinking about going in to Dino and asking for more work. Of course, I don’t want to admit to him how many hours I spend a day surfing the internet because even he might think it off that they pay me to spend my day here blogging to you. I’ve got to put in an office supply order today – big fun! I’ll have to drag it out for a while to amuse myself.


Speaking on Internet surfing, I urge all of you to check out lowbrow.com. Here’s a tasty little excerpt:
Halloween
I'm dressed as a dominatrix, the easy last minute costume
Drunk, stoned,
I wrestle with a stranger in a kiddy pool full of jello. it is situated in the living room for just this purpose
the jello is freezing
he lets me win
in my drunken triumph i go home with him
we are in his well lit house
i am becoming dangerously sober and i see that he is
at least
15 years older than me
and his nose is caving in from all the coke he's done
it becomes clear very quickly that he believes
this is no costume
and he begs me to tie him up
I do a line and say
what the hell
But while trying to bind him with my fishnets his Rottweiler begins to growl
and bark
I run out the door and down the street
leaving him with his arms securely tied above his head
Dogs scare the shit out of me.


Or…
he stared at me incredulously and said, "you'll suck my dick, but you won't use my toothbrush?"
it was hard to deny that kind of logic.

Yes, it’s little gems of information that keep this girl going. I don’t think I’ll talk to Dino about more work today. I’m too tired. I think I’ll take a long lunch, and then order office supplies for a few hours, then maybe take off a little early. Yeah, that’s sounding so much better.

No comments: