Friday, October 18, 2002

Ok, so I’m a little freaked out right now. My boss Dino brought me into his office today to discuss how disappointed he was that I banged in sick yesterday, rather than just tell him that I have an interview. I’ve got no clue how he knows, but he knows. He’s all pissed because he thought we had such a great relationship and are ‘friends’ yet I couldn’t be honest with him. Um…we’re not friends dude. Hate to tell you, but I really don’t have anyone here at work that I would consider my friend. There are plenty of nice folks that I’d hang out with, but no one that makes it into my inner circle. I only told one person here that I was interviewing and I know that she didn’t say anything – she used to work for Dino too and completely understands that he’s a tool. I’m all worried that he knows I’m looking so that if layoffs were to come around again (strong rumors for November) that I’d get bumped to the top of the list because I’m not ‘loyal’ to the company.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


I went to get my nails done at a new place during my lunch hour today, and found that there are in fact nail girls who aren’t Vietnamese. Who knew? She was quick and did a great job, but bitched the whole way through about her husband and kids. I was in there for 40 mins and heard more than I ever dreamed about her life and family – all I did was ask her how she’s doing today! Her hubby is Chinese (she’s from Portugal) and is traveling for work for the past 4 weeks. She’s all ticked that he leaves her alone with the 3 kids…and she tells me that he keeps thinking that she’s a nice docile Chinese girl who’ll take his shyt…he’s going to be sorry he left when he returns. Quite amusing, and kept me from dwelling on the work issues.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


HALLOWEEN COSTUME IDEAS NEEDED PRONTO: I’m invited to a costume party and have absolutely no clue what I should be. Any ideas are appreciated. In recent years I was a gypsy (which involved wearing a regular summer outfit of flowy skirt and scarves) and the black hole where single socks go (black dress, socks pinned all over it, witchy hair). I’ve been a witch. I bought horns from King Richard’s Faire and wore them with a red dress to be the devil. I need something where I’ll be comfortable drinking, not too much makeup, and warm since I’ll be in and out of the house, but something fun. All ideas are welcome! My backup plan is to wear all black and go as a theater techie but I’m hoping I’ll be inspired before then.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


This weekend’s plans:
Go get the free grill from my co-worker after work tonight, maybe see a movie at some point, defiantly move that kitchen cabinet for the fridge, some laundry, maybe help Blixx install the ceiling fan in our bedroom, decorate a little more, re-clean the wine stains on my rug.
Oh yeah, who was it that said OxyClean is so damn good? I still have stains!!! I’m gunna have to try it again.

No comments: