Monday, October 21, 2002

Friday night we went to my old bosses house to get the grill, only to find the thing is too big to fit in the Jeep. So, we had a few drinks and apps with them before scooting home. I hear from her that Dino knows someone at the company where I interviewed...which is how he knew. Funny that he'd discussed this whole scenario with her, and yet he went to great lengths to let me know that our conversation was confidential. Yeah, right! After all my pontificating about not having friends at work, it turneds out that Jax just might make the cut.

Saturday we awoke and tackled the cabinet moving project, which went really well. We moved the floor cabinet only to find that they didn't put the linoleum underneath it, so we had to put it back where it was. Plenty of mouse crap back there too. Lovely. There WAS however some hardwood flooring down there, that needs some serious work. I wonder if it's worth refinishing...but we'll cross that bridge much much later.

We rented Scorpion King on Saturday - what a crapfest that movie is!!! I didn't like it much at all.We also went out for Chinese food and just HAD to get a Scorpion Bowl (Scorpions are a theme I guess). Anyway, it went right to my head and...as embarrasing for me to admit this...Blixx will tell you anyway...

I walked into a lightpost.


Yep, leaving the front of the restarant I was looking across the street checking out the scene at a bar when I just walked right into a light post. First words out of my mouth to Blixx - "You didn't see that, didja?" I have to give him credit. He did ask if I was Ok before busting out laughing. It's still chuckle worthy material.

Jax and family brought over the big ass grill on Sunday while they were on their way to the No Doubt concert in Worcester. I vow never to cook meat again, as Blixx will now be in charge of all grilled beast! It needs work and a good cleaning, but we had grilled sausage sandwiches for dinner last night and they were out of this world!

I believe I expressed concern over my cat Cleo not eating after surgery. She was still not doing well on Friday night, and with us being 3 sheets to the wind we never gave her her pill. Saturday morning I came downstairs to find her by the food bowl, demanding a feeding. So I did, sceptical that things could change overnight...and she wolfed it all down and demanded more. Yep, our Cleo is back to being her old self. So, we made the executive decision to stop giving her the medications and it seems that we've made the right choice. She's playing with a great deal of energy, socializing with us as usual (granted, that involves napping next to us on the couch, but still...she's there) and eating like a pig once again. We're watching for signs of infection or that anything is wrong, but she's so much better. I just hope that she'll be ok for not having the full course of antibiotics and that Blixx & I aren't just being wimps for not wanting to shove pills down her throat twice a day.

No comments: