Wednesday, October 30, 2002

Plans for Blixx's 30th birthday party are coming along well. I've been able to track down a bunch of folks from his old company, as well as invite new friends. I'm thinking that I'll serve hot & cold apps during the day, but I'll need to supply some sort of sustinance for anyone (the too old or too young are asked to leave at 7pm) sticking around into the night. I'm thinking crock pot chili and corn bread, but I will happily take suggestions on something I can either pre-cook or just warm up for a dinner type thing. Hmmm...maybe a taco bar. Ew! I give myself such wonderful ideas sometimes.

We got the kitten last night and he's super cute. I watched 24 (OMG! a hacksaw?) while Blixx was upstairs playing with him. I came up at 10 to find the two of them sacked out on the guest bed napping away. The kitten's name is Rioux, pronounced Ru and he's mostly orange tabby, with some white on his face and paws. He has the loudest purr ever...no seriously you can hear him all over the house, much to the displeasure of the two bitch cats. Cleo seems intriqued with the idea that the kitten is on the other side of the door (total separation will turn to subervised visits after a couple of days) but Koya is having dramatic fits all over the house. She can smell him and she's pissed. I hope they get over it sooner rather than later.

No comments: