Friday, October 11, 2002

Well, the weather report isn't looking pretty for camping this weekend. Why does it always rain? WHY?!?!?!
Tadpole is coming up tonight to hang with Toad, then they are venturing northward into NH. I think they plan on climbing Blueberry Mountain, but I'm not sure. Then they will meet us Sunday afternoon at the local brewpub to watch the Pats. After the game (fingers crossed that the Pat's will get their head out of their ass) we'll head over to a campground and set up for the night. Or, if we get their early enough we'll set up before the game. I kind of like the idea of watching in the comfort and warmth of a bar, but we might just chill and watch on the portable TV around the campfire. I guess it depends on the weather. Monday Blixx and I are going to separate from the motley crew and go drive around NH and see the sites. There are some waterfalls and hikes that I'd LOVE to check out. I'm looking forward to it. I'm sure we'll drop a pretty penny at the state liquor store too, as we always enjoy tax free nh!
Tomorrow will be house cleaning, preparation for camping & buying a new fridge. The one that came with the house still works but has seen better days, and Home Depot is running no interest financing until January 2004! Yep, that's over a year to pay it off, so we're going to go for it. I want a nice side by side model with baskets in the freezer to contain the numerous bags of dinner that I'm always buying. We should be able to get out of there for under a grand, but there's always the $2500 stainless steel model I've had my eye on. Yeah, right. Blixx wants to pitch the old fridge, but I vote that we keep it (it still works, all be it not efficiently and the motor makes a wierd thunk sound every 10 mins) and use it on holidays or for beer at big parties. He thinks I'll give in and let it go...silly boy! Either we keep it or sell it...anyone want to buy a clunky fridge?

No comments: