Monday, February 18, 2002

I'm glad I didn't go to Loon with Blixx. They were put up in a crappy motel where Toad found something 'odd, yet familiar" on his pillowcase. They have been worked to the bone & he isn't even sure when he'll get home tonight. I met my friend JoJo, her sister & daughter down at the Silver City Galleria for dinner Saturday night. To refresh your memory, she is the one who had the gang fight at her wedding. Somehow, she & her hubby ended up having a decent night because she got pregnant her wedding night. She's just about had it with being pregnant, but she looks great. I rubbed her belly for luck, and then washed my hands in case it was contagious. We ate some chow at Ruby Tuesday’s, did some shopping and had ourselves a great time. I gave her a basket filled with baby goodies & had a great time picking out cute little girl outfits – at 70% off!!!

Whenever Blixx goes away, I use the time to rent movies that otherwise would fall into the Chick Flick category. This weekend, I rented Bridget Jones's Diary and thoroughly enjoyed it. I identified with her character (smoking, drinking, trying to keep resolutions about putting panties into the hamper) and laughed my ass off. I mean, it’s a Chick Flick, don’t get me wrong, but definitely a worthy rental.

Sunday I ventured over to Grips construction zone, right after watching Beastmaster & MutantX. GeriDog was there and made galumpkies (sp?) for dinner. This was the first time I'd had them...it's ground meat, rice & some seasoning stuff wrapped in cabbage & steamed. While quite good at the time, I barely made it home before the cabbage was having a distinct effect on my intestinal tract. V & I watched The Simpson’s & Malcolm together all wrapped up on the couch. She was dozing and the cutest thing ever. She kept making Maggie Simpson noises with her binkie. The biological clock threatens to rear its angry head again. Yes, I know I'm sending mixed messages about kids. You should try being in my head for a minute...its chaos in there!

TV REPORT
Monday: Kickboxer is on TNN at 7pm. There’s a new Angel on at 9pm on WB, or Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom on ABC. Also at 9pm, Witchblade the series is on TNT. Predator is on AMC at 8:05pm & again at 10:30pm.

Tues there are two Buffy repeats, but no new episodes. That 70’s Show & Undeclared are on Fox, followed at 9pm by 24. The storyline is really heating up – we’re ½ way through. MadMax is on SciFi at 9pm. Also at 9pm, Witchblade the Movie is on WB. If you haven’t listened to me tell you how great a show this is, then at least tune in at around 10:40 or so to check out the final battle scene of the movie. It kicks ass! There’s an hour of Battlebots on Comedy Central at 10pm.

Wednesday: Not a great night for TV. That 80’s show & Grounded for Life are on Fox from 8-9. Bernie Mac is on after that, but I just don’t get that show. Titus is on at 9:30pm FoxRocky Horror is on VH1 at 9pm. Cheech & Chong’s Next Movie is on Comedy Central at 9pm. So is Wrath of Khan on TNN. Combat Missions is on USA at 10pm.

Thursday: THE GLUTTON BOWL BABY! Fox is having an eating contest on at 8pm that is sure to gross us all out. I can’t wait & will be sure to serve something squishy for dinner. Robbin Hood Men in Tights is on ABCFAM at 8pm. Kull the Conquerer is on SCIFI at 9pm. 10pm on Discovery Channel – Spontaneous Human Conbustion. Nope, I didn’t make that up.

Friday: Lost in Space is on Fox & Lethal Weapon 3 is on WB, both at 8pm. USA has 8MM on at 9pm – they will have to edit the Hell out of that flick to get it on TV. Very good. Also at 9pm is Terminator on TNT.

No comments: