Tuesday, February 05, 2002

WOO HOO NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS. I knew they could do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I had a decent internet connection at home & the time to read blogs, I would certainly have taken Nightskye up on his bet. Blixx & I have both been saying all week that it would be the Pats win by a Vinaterri field goal. Damn, we're good. Skye and his sarcasm can kiss my ass - as always.

Our party was a hit. We overbought for food so it was a feast of buffalo wings, kabobs with the most heavenly tender burgundy/pepper marinated meat & fresh veggies, a pesto/goat cheese pasta salad with olives and sund dried tomatos & misc california rolls with al the fixins. Yummy! HighOctane made a chocolate triple fuck cake that was awesome and put a flying elvis logo on the top in powdered sugar. BazarJ called in sick - something about feeling like he'd swallowed razorblades - so it was just 6 of us, but we managed to kill 3 cases of beer! The house was pretty ugly yesterday, but I took the day off to clean up & recover. Blixx wasn't that lucky - he had to go shoot Bill Gates speaking at Ratheon. He swears that he was still drunk for most of the day, nodded off a couple of times and generally had the beer sweats all day. It was a total role reversal for me - he was working his ass off and I sat on my ass in my pj's all day, reading the first 2 Harry Potter books. They are pretty good, but I just don't see what all the hub bub is about. I did the after party dishes as my major accomplishment for the day - I wouldn't have done them at all but there was a distinct funk coming from the kitchen that I couldn't ignore. Blue Cheese dressing shouldn't be left to sit out all night...or to mix with salsa. It was some strange spackle kind of mixture that defies words. I took it out back and shot it.

Mom came up Saturday and it wasn't that bad. We did some shopping and I introduced her to the world of the Christmas Tree Shops. She was floored that I got a new table cloth, placemats and some serving dishes for under $10! Don't you just love a bargain? Sing along!

Tax forms for Blixx haven't come in yet, except from Grips and Toad who I harrassed. So, we still haven't done taxes. Which means we still haven't gone to get a mortgage. Which means that I might not make my Q1 goal of moving into a house. Mortgage rates are going to go up again, with Greenspan leaving the rate interest rate as is. House prices are gradually rising and Mass house sales are even up this year over Q1 last year. Crapass!!! Not a patient person - I'm getting really pissed off!

I mentioned that I took yesterday off - well all Hell broke loose at Monster. Call volume is up after our Superbowl ads (any thoughts on them?) so it was busy. Our reporting system blew up and still aren't fixed today. It's a disaster - I'm searching through recycle bins looking for hard copies of the call reports so I can put something together for the sales managers. Yeah, it's going to be one of those days.

Peace.

No comments: