Thursday, February 28, 2002

Oh what a horrible morning I’ve had so far!!!!! I awoke with a killer cough that sounds suspiciously like the cough that Blixx has been in denial about for days – it’s deep and it hurts. On my way to the car (which Blixx ever so nicely warmed up for me) I slipped on ice in my driveway & scraped the hell out of my elbow & knee. My right hand has considerably less skin on it than when I started the day. I skidded all over the place on the way to work – black ice. I got here…and this is super embarrassing people…and went into the back door of my car to grab a Diet Coke for lunch. I closed the door on the edge of my jacket. Since both doors were locked, I had to unlock the front and reach around to unlock the back door, except I couldn’t reach because my jacket proved an effective leash, so I had to take the jacket off for this whole process. Yep, some folks saw this all go down & found it quite amusing. Yippee for me. I got into work finally and used this no-sting antiseptic spray on my hand wound…except it STINGS LIKE A M F’r! It’s hardly 10am and I’m ready to write the day off and start fresh tomorrow.

Grips turned me on to the Mass Pike refund. I guess not a lot of folks know it, but we can get $$ back from gas usage on the Mass Pike, since they screw us for tolls too. Check it out and maybe there’s something similar in your state. I seem to remember plenty of tolls getting to Long Island.

No comments: