Friday, February 22, 2002

"Now here's an athelete at the top of his game!" George Shea, President of the International Federation of Competive Eating, describing the winning contestant of the Glutton Bowl last night on Fox.

Well, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I figured that since it was Fox, there would be puke everywhere. While some of the contestants looked decidedly unwell after eating, no one hurled. The had to eat bowls of mayo, sticks of unsalted butter (winner ate 7), dry hamburgers & hotdogs. The gross outs were tongue & cow brians...there were some disturbing consistancy issues. What struck me about the whole thing is the serious tone that the commentators took. I mean, it's just a gross out party, right? Oh no, these are world class atheletes. While more entertaining than the Olympics, I'm still not putting this into the sports category.

In other entertainment news. MTV will be airing The Osbournes beginning March 5th at 10:30pm. I'm not sure what this is all about, but I do know that they are a facinating family. Ozzie's wife is a record producer who has done battle with the likes of Insane Clown Posse & won. The children each have their own businesses - I believe son Jack is a record producer. I've heard them several times on the Howard Stern show and I'm always amused. This should be interesting, although I'm still sad that MTV doesn't play music any more.

In regard to the Yates trial...if they loose their minds and decide that she was insane & therefore not guilty of the horrible murder of her children, I wonder if the rest of her family couldn't be charged with reckless endangerment for allowing a nutty woman to continue to breed and be around the kids. You'd think the father would be charged with something.

Economists across the country are saying today that the recession is over. Why are some of my friends still out of work? Why can't my company hire anyone to fill the positions that were eliminated back in October? Over my ass.

Yeah, Faith is my favorite!

Who's Your Inner Buffy Bad-Girl? Find out @ She's Crafty

Can you tell that my mind is really on work today? Yeah right! I'm looking forward to a good old fashioned sleep over party with Tempest & Jacknife. I migh not blog on Monday - I'm feeling like banging in sick. We'll see what the weather report has to say about that. :)




No comments: