Monday, February 25, 2002

The weekend was excellent, however the movie choices were awful. Everyone dies in The Patriot. EVERYONE. It was super depressing. Moulin Rouge was...I'm not really sure what it is. At points I was pleased with the integration of modern music into a period piece (Nirvana, Madonna…) then other times I'm wondering why the hell they are singing a Celene Dion song. It was bizarre & if it wins best picture, Nicole must have blown the judges.

Little Nicky is the worst Adam Sandler movie. I know that none of them are cinematic masterpieces, but this one was the bottom of the barrel. Queen of the Damned is not exactly how I remembered the books to go, but I'll have to check on that. QotD was a good rock & roll vampire movie, but certainly not outstanding in the genre. It was heads n tails better than Vampires 2000, which I admit I napped through. Tempest - Interview with a Vampire was on last night on TNT. Tom Cruise was such a better Lestat! I'd seen Tomb Raider in the theater & while I agree that there are colossal plot holes, I enjoyed it for what it was - a movie about a video game. Why did she wear a tank top in a Siberian cave? Because she's Angelina Jolie and she's hot and our husbands appreciate the eye candy. Any other questions?

I opened a Petite Sophisticate credit card all on my own with no hassle & got a 4K-credit limit! I did it just to get the 10% off on the pants & shirts I bought, but I'm so psyched that my credit it actually all better! When the card comes in I'll lock it in the safe with the others, so I don't get tempted to go on any spending sprees, but it's nice to know it's there. And it’s nice to know that I’ve finally escaped the Hell I created for myself when I got WAY too many credit cards then didn’t bother to pay them off.

It was great to be able to just lay around and not worry about anything this weekend. We did what we wanted when we wanted and at our own damn pace. We probably shouldn't have been dying hair at 1am, but whatever. Tempest makes a fine margarita - it's the Grand Marnier that makes all the difference. It was just the girl’s weekend I needed. I’m at work now & it isn’t all that bad. Stress levels decreasing…weeeeeeeeee.

No comments: