Monday, February 11, 2002

The weekend was ok. Saturday was a lazy day where I finished the 3rd Harry Potter book and dyed my hair. Yep, I'm a blonde again. This was not the intended color...and certainly not the color that was on the box...but hey, at least it isn't green. That was a bad dye job. Anyhoo, the major accomplishment was to get dressed and go to Chili's for dinner & drinks. The Predidente Margurita is a major yummy!
Sunday we bought a shade to cover the huge window that shines into our bedroom wicked early in the AM. Got a light for the livingroom too. Ooohh, Ahhhh I know, I can't stand the excitement myself. Saw two houses...one in a great town, but icky road. The other is GORGEOUS! A huge 4 bedroom...hold on, modern technology...CHECK OUT OUR LATEST DREAM HOME. Ok, so there's no picture. On a 1/2 acre fenced lot, it has all the space in the world. The two car garage is huge with storage above (kayak) and a little work bench in the back. There are patios and birdbaths and little nooks all over the place. The enclosed front porch wraps around the front of the house. It was just what we've been looking for, which is hard to find in our price range. You'll notice that its listed as being under agreement. Yep, went on sale on Friday & was on deposit Saturday morning. While I was sitting around doing nothing a house that would have been perfect for us was getting sold right out from under our noses. Boogie Shoes said that maybe the financing will fall through, so I'm keeping my eyes out to see if it goes back on the market, but right now they aren't taking backup offers, which tells me that the buyers are prequal already and it's a pretty done deal. Balls! It's right around the corner from Grips house, which would have been real convenient too. Blast!!!!!
Grips got life insurance so he has to take a pee test. That means no butts or shmoke for a while, so I imagine that I won't be seeing that much of him. This also means that the pressure will be on from Blixx to get me to quit smoking. I've got to go have a smoke to figure out how I'll get around this...

No comments: