Monday, March 25, 2002

Faith: I've had my share of losers, but you.....you boinked the undead.


Here's who won the Oscar's last night, if you were like myself & too damn tired of the blah blah blah to stay up past midnight watching. Woopie looked horrid every time I saw her. Ewwww!

We got the DVD player on Saturday night. After some heartache involving the VCR & the proper hookup proceedure for our system, it's all up and running. I purchased the complete 1st season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and made it through the first disc. It had been forever since I'd seen the pilot. Angel was so very young and yummy & Buffy had a little bit of baby fat on her belly. We also picked up Close Encounters & Clerks. Blixx grabbed Highlander (his favorite movie of all time) for only $9.99. Gotta love a bargain! Today I joined Netflix's free trial for 2 weeks. I picked a whole bunch that Blixx had wanted to see - keep him busy during the day when he isn't working.

I made an outstanding chicken dinner last night. All roasted in one pan, I put in red potatoes, onion, garlic (unpeeled & peeled) & carrots. I topped that with two whole chicked breasts and added some white wine & seasonings. I served it with stuffing & roasted zuchini. It was super yummy, but what I'm really looking forward to is the soup I've got sitting in the crock pot right now. The chicken has been in there all night so it's falling off the bone. Blixx says he'll de-bone this afternoon. Then we'll add the noodles, more carrots & veggies - pretty much whatever I can get my hands on - and let it purc again overnight. Tomorrow's dinner is going to be out of this world. Already the cats are interested - Koya (the pretty yet dumb one) was meowing at the crockpot this morning like the power of that whining would open it up...then again, maybe she's on to something. I did use the power of whine to get the DVD player. Smart kitty. :)

Southwest Airlines is having a companion fare sale where you buy one ticket & a friend flies free. There are some limitations on exactly what flights etc, but I'm thinking that Blixx & I should take advantage of this & either head to Vegas (since it seems the IN thing to do this year) or down to Florida to see SherBear & FedExGuy. I definately need a vacation. We've pretty much decided that a house is more important to us than a big vacation so we'll be nickel & diming it this year. We'll be camping Memorial Day then again some time later in the summer in Bar Harbor. I LOVE Acadia National Park & want to spend a couple of days just wandering the bike paths and enjoying the shoreline. Other than that, we'll be taking long weekends or I'll occasionally bang in sick for Mental Health Days.

I'm still just trying to keep my head above water as far as work goes. It's so super frustrating.



No comments: