Thursday, March 21, 2002

I don't blog for any of you, I blog for myself. I enjoy the lively banter about why Ghost writes the things he does & wouldn't change his blogging attitude for the world. He isn’t perfect, but he's damn entertaining. Until he writes something directed at me personally, I will read what he has to say & form my own opinions of the world.

As for my readers here, it certainly makes me feel good when someone comments on a thread that I've posted or drops me an e-mail asking what's on TV, but I write for my own reasons and I don't expect all of you to like or care about what I post. It's that freedom that I enjoy most about blogging.

Cuthbert was in town?!?!? No friggin way! How's he doing? What's he doing? Who's he doing? Is he on the east coast for much longer? Tempest, tell me everything. Arg! Purge is in Boston - if he's bored tell him to give me a call & I'll come into the city.

I’m with Jade/Disney: Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series kicks ass! Blixx got me into the books back in the day and I'm eagerly awaiting publication of the 9th book of the trilogy. While each book is masterfully written, it's really the first three books that are a must read. Do it!!! I said DO IT!!!!


Plagiarized from Amazon: Set in a world where two kinds of magic exist, one female and the other male, the Wheel of Time series features as its hero Rand, who begins the first volume as a simple shepherd. A visitor soon sends Rand on an epic journey to unite the people of his planet against the Dark One, who threatens vast destruction. Rand's quest takes him through a dazzling array of meticulously detailed alien cultures and unforgettable characters. The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades into myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, and Age long past, a wind rose in the Mountains of Mist. The wind was not the beginning. There was neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.


Jaws is on TNT tonight at 8pm with Jaws 2 on at 10:45pm. Celebrity Boxing is repeated on Fox at 8pm as well – it’s worth a 5-minute click-thru. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is on ABCFam at 8pm. Devil’s Advocate is on TBS at 8pm – Keanu is a hottie & I’m sick of seeing Matrix over & over so this is a nice change. At 9 there’s The Jackal on USA & a repeat of Andy Richtor Controls the Universe on Fox – it was a good premier, quite quirky. You might enjoy it. At 10pm it’s slim pickins. On Discovery, they have The Search for the Giant Squid. Blixx watched this & says that they discovered that the giant squids have the same dna as these teeny tiny ones…meaning that the giants are super old. Not my cup of tea, but if you like the educational droning of these specials I thought I’d let you know.

I've got a departmental meeting tonight until around 7pm. Blixx dropped me off at work then went skiing - that rat! He was talking about kayaking this afternoon too, the nutball. He'll meet me over that the bar across the street when this reached meeting is over an we can have a couple of pops. He might get a chance to meet Dino, who I bitch about constantly but he hasn't laid eyes on yet. Tool.



No comments: