Tuesday, March 19, 2002

Take it out...it hurts. Tempest, can I have some of that vasoline?

In my role in the Finance department, I essentially shuffle papers and look up accounts in the computer. I made it perfectly clear that I wouldn't be dealing with the actual customers since I left my last job because I was sick of blowing sunshine up dickheads butts. Why then did I just get yelled at from some dumb ass wingnut for 15 minutes? I had to hear what each and every person she spoke with previously did wrong and then she demands that I do something for her, without telling me what she actually wants. Turns out she posted a job on our site that has 6 locations - that's actually 6 job postings. It warns you all over the place that you're posting 6 different jobs & before you hit OK on the credit card, it asks you again if you are really really sure this is what you want to do? She claims it never told her that it would be $1800 until after she had hit OK...um, no. So I'm left with the job of telling her that she's a dolt who can't read. ARG!!!!!!!!! After lunch I'm going to go speak with the head of the Finance dept and let her know that I will in no way deal directly with the customers and that's that! Like it or lump it.

Taxes aren't done so we can't get a mortgage yet so I can't say fuck this and get another job. Yet. I still have that interview on Friday for Exec Assistant. Fingers crossed people. I must stay gainfully employed no matter how bad it gets. A few more weeks. A few more weeks!

Smithkid & Disney - so sorry for your loss.
Hapa the Seductress - you are a bad, bad girl but I'm glad you're feeling better.
Skye - Welcome back. Glad someone is as evil as I am. I was concerned that I'd be alone in Hell.
Ghost - women aren't aggressive drivers? I'll take you for the ride of your life. Wait - that didn't sound right.
Tempest - did you check out the pictures link yet. I'm not sure that I heard your howl of pain.

Today I am Molly Ringwald in Breakfast Club. California rolls for lunch & you'd think I'd brought a liquid niotrogen shake to eat. People keep stopping by to ask me what I'm eating. They then almost invariably ask "You like that stuff?" No, I just like to torture myself. Because I'm evil.

Tonight is Grips official birthday so I'm sure we'll get into some trouble, although Blixx was up at 4:30 this morning for a shoot that he has no idea when will end. He's working tomorrow too, which makes 3 days in a row. Woo Hoo! We've been talking about him taking a more proactive role in booking jobs - I'm trying really hard not to be a super shrew, as gentle nagging works better with him than a full frontal assault. He's just got to get in the habit of reaching out to previous business associates and making them book him - without use of force. Patience...of course I have so very little. It looks like he's got another Saturday job so we won't be able to make it to RedSox birthday. Sorry Boogie Shoes, but thanks for the invite.

Buffy is a repeat (WHAAAAAA!!) but the premier of the Andy Richtor show is on Fox at 8:30. I've heard mixed reviews, but it should be pretty funny. The Osbornes are on MTV at 10:30 - please tell me you are all tuned in, because I guarantee you'll laugh your ass off.

Off to grab some tylenol and a cigarette. Not sure which will make me feel better, but I've got to give it a shot.


Peace.

No comments: