Friday, March 22, 2002

What am I doing tonight? I'll let Billy Joel tell you:

Captain Jack will get you high tonight
and take you to that special island.
Captain Jack will get you by tonight
just a little push and you'll be smiling.


I was chatting about movies with some fellow employees and Swimming with Sharks comes highly recommended, especially if you enjoyed Office Space. Perhaps we'll rent it this weekend to play on our new DVD player. I think I've finally worn Blixx down that we have to get with the program. He was concerned that we'd need a new receiver and then speakers...I explained that the DVD would be the first of many updates to our current entertainment system. I think it might have worked. We'll 'happen' to be at Best Buy anyway. HA!

And she bursts into song!!!!
RIVERS BELONG WHERE THEY CAN RAMBLE
EAGLES BELONG WHERE THEY CAN FLY
I'VE GOT TO BE WHERE MY SPIRITS CAN RUN FREE
GOT TO FIND MY CORNER OF THE SKY


"No matter what, you just go along with it & make it a happy time." <--- my mother's quote of the day. She was speaking about my cousin's baby shower that's turning into a huge fiasco. It's a telling quote and I might even go as far as to say that it's her life's mantra. A sort of code that no matter how scarey & real reality gets, we should always put our best foot forward and have a happy time. She wants me to come visit for Easter & was increadibly upset that I don't consider it a holiday worthy of a visit. I told her I need the weekends to be my own time because I'm stressed out from work - true. What I can't say is that even speaking with her on the phone is exhausting for me and that I really don't want to drive 2 hours to eat a crappy dinner and alternate between her drilling Blixx & I for information & listening to her drone on & on about topics of no concern. Oh crap, I'm sounding like Ghost here. Hmmmm something to ponder there!

I'm going to see Big Head Todd & The Monsters at the Paradise in Boston in April. Toad is grabbing up some tickets. Woo Hoo! I haven't heard live music in a while & I love seeing shows at the small clubs in Boston. It's much more intimate. I saw Alannis Morisette at Avalon back right before Jagged Little Pill hit the charts & it was such a powerhouse performance. It rocked my world & the bonus was that we got in for free because we had friends at the FSC radio station. Sweet. Good Times.


LIFE'S A SHOW
Buffy:

Life's a show,
And we all play our parts
And when the music starts
We open up our hearts
It's all right
If some things come out wrong
We'll sing a happy song
And you can sing along


Where there's life,
There's hope
Every day's
A gift,
Wishes can
Come true
Whistle while
You work,
So hard
All day


To be like other girls
To fit in in this
Glittering world
Don't give me songs
(Giles: She needs back-up. Anya, Tara...)
Don't give me songs
Give me something to sing about
ah ah ah
ah ah ah
I need something to sing about
ah ah ah
ah ah ah


Life's a song
You don't get to rehearse
And every single verse
Can make it that much worse
Still, my friends
Don't know why I ignore
The million things or more
I should be dancing for


All the joy
Life sends
Family
And friends
All the twists
And then
Knowing that
It ends
Well, that
Depends


On if they let you go
on if they know enough to know
That when you bow
You leave the crowd


There was no pain
No fear, no doubt
Till they pulled me out
Of heaven
So that's my refrain
I live in hell
'Cause I?ve been expelled
From heaven
I think I was in heaven
So give me something to sing about
Please give me something


Spike:


Life's not a song
Life isn't bliss
Life is just this
It's living
You'll get along
The pain that you feel
Only can heal
By living
Have to go on living
So one of us is living


Have a great weekend all, & be sure to send a big birthday hug to RedSox for Blixx & I.

Peace out!

No comments: