Monday, March 04, 2002

Overall I had a very nice weekend, if you ignore the killer hangover related illness that kept me couch-bound all Saturday afternoon. Blixx got his Jeep on Thursday and could barely contain his excitement. As we’re sitting on the couch trying to decide where we’d drive to (because now everything is all about driving the Jeep), Grips called asking if we wanted to help him pick up a TV down at his dad’s house and help him get it into his house. Since it involved a drive to Plainville, we were in and off we went. Grips has a great family, but his stepmother is pretty much the atypical crazy cat lady. Her cats all have middle names…and apparently have to be baby talked at every opportunity. Don’t get me wrong, I love Cleo & Koya and have been known to occasionally baby talk them…but not if there are other adults around to have a conversation with. It was creepy, that’s all I’m saying. We all made it back to my house for some beeeeyaas & pizza & watched the Survivor premier - we'd taped it. The strange yoga guy got the boot - interesting choice. I would have gone with Hunter myself, as I'm convinced that they should get rid of the strongest right from the get go. That's my strategy & I'm sticking to it!

Friday I woke at my regular time, faked a cough and called in sick. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get back to sleep so I read for a while on the couch while Blixx snoozed away. Quick showers then off to Denny’s for big greasy breakfast and a plan. We ended up taking a drive to Kittery Maine and hitting the outlets and Trading Post. It was a beautiful day out and a nice drive…under 2 hours, which isn’t bad. The Jeep is actually comfortable for the long haul! On the way, we stopped at the New Hampshire State Liquor Store and stocked up on some bottles of booze at discount prices. If you live in New England, it’s totally worth the trip for the discounts – I paid $25 for a bottle of Absolute not too long ago…they had same size for $19!!! We both got some new kicks at the Reebok buy one get one ½ off sale, some Levi’s at the outlet and wandered around the Kittery Trading Post for a good while. I found new slippers at a deal so life is good for my tired feet. On the way back we stopped at one of our old college hang outs, The Border, and had some wings and drinks. I had perhaps just one or two or three too many Horni Margaritas. I saw TwoC…a drama queen from Fitchburg State who for some reason (WAY too long of a story) thinks I ruined her life back in the day by abandoning our friendship. Some of you may remember a while back when I was hijacked to going to a party where she & ThreeC attacked me about my past wrongs. TwoC made eye contact & walked right by. She was never one for conflict, but I still found it greatly amusing. I also bumped into a fellow monster, but she works in a different department so it was Ok that I’d been out sick.

Saturday I awoke feeling like ass & it got progressively worse. Toad called & invited us all out to kayak, and I actually considered it until I realized that the toast I’d had for breakfast may or may not revisit so I declined the invitation. I spent the day with Cleo pressed against me watching TV…did I mention that I felt like ass? I got to watch the episode of Buffy where John Ridder guest stars as Buffy’s Mom’s robot boyfriend. There’s all kinds of mind numbing TV, most of which I napped through. I felt better by the time Blixx got home, but I actually fell asleep sitting up with a plate of food on my lap. I’m not sure exactly how long I was out, but Cleo was curled up next to my pizza, which was quite cold. Good thing she isn’t into people food. We were supposed to go to a party that one of Blixx’s former co-workers was throwing, but Blixx forgot & I didn’t really feel up to it. Don’t it just figure that when there’s something out of the ordinary to do I blow it somehow. Oh well, back to the nice comfortable rut thanks.

Yesterday we went to Best Buy and I think I’m making progress in convincing Blixx that we shouldn’t be the only people in the free world who don’t yet own a DVD player. I continue my quest…the constant nagging seems to be doing the trick. I power cleaned the (NASTY) house while Blixx installed his CD player into the Jeep – he’s all ready to rock n roll now! Grips came over & had a few pops with us then off to bed.

I missed one stinking day of work yet I had 61 e-mails to go through this morning – and that’s with a hefty junk filter on! I did find out that there’s an Exec Assistant position available here at Monster and I think I’m going to put my hat into the ring for it. It would pay more (can’t pay less!) and I’d have greater visibility within the company. I just hope that Dino doesn’t shit a brick when I tell him I’m considering another position. He probably thinks that I’m happy doing menial work for menial pay. I’ll touch up my resume during lunch today and I’ll let you all know how it goes.

Tempest – try for that job just for shits and giggles. Maybe it’s a different situation and it would be a better place for you. Sorry about your no-show dude…it amazes me dumb people can be. I had perogies for dinner last night too - did them up with some onions, peppers, garlic & some crumbled sausage. Just ate the leftovers for lunch. Mmmmmmm! Glad the 'rents made it back. Jealous you have rum cake.

GClef & Obi2 - congrats on finally being reunited!!!

**************************************************************

TV REPORT

**************************************************************


MONDAY:
8pm NBC Fear Factor
9pm SCIFI Blade Runner director's cut in widescreen.
9pm Angel - his vampire nature comes out...toward his baby son! Love,betrayal, leather pants...this show has it all!

TUESDAY:
8pm UPN Buffy!!!! A wedding to remember.
8:30pm NBC Watching Ellie - watch another Seinfeld alumni fail. Horrible show.
8:30 FOX Undeclared. Pretty funny show about college life.
9pm Fox 24 1 - 2pm
9pm UPN As If - a new show about 20 somethings.Piercings seem new, might be worth watching.
9pm USA 10 Things I Hate About You - It's Taming of the Shrew with Julia Styles & Heath Ledger.
9pm TNN The Wrath of Khan. Again.
10pm Comedy Central BattleBots - check out the spectators...they all look so serious.

WEDNESDAY
8:30 FOX 80's Show - they are still trying to make this show work...& failing. What 'alternative' music store in 1988 sold the GoGo's??!?!
9pm TBS Cocktail - Tom Cruise....mmmmmmmm.
9pm SCIFI Alien
10pm USA Combat Missions

THURSDAY
8pm CBS Survivor - maybe this one will be interesting. Not!
8pm FOX Family Guy repeats until 9pm
8:30 NBC Leap of Faith - another crappy show between Friends & Will & Grace. We shall see.
9pm SCIFI Willow

FRIDAY
8pm AMC Raiders of the Lost Arc
9pm FOX Dark Angel returns after hiatus
9pm SCIFI The Chronicle
10pm FOOD The Iron Chef
10:30 pm TNT Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil
10:45 AMC Temple of Doom


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.northfaceoutletu.com/]north face outlet online[/url] by truckload. But person that just realize that dream come true- you haudio-videoe http://www.cheapoutdoorjackets.com/#b897 this industry- you will be miles head Wholesale The North Face Vests of those expensive Shirt outlet from the views that will you high. The autumn season, [url=http://www.northfaceoutletu.com/]north face outlet store[/url]