Tuesday, March 26, 2002

I am so ashamed. There was a bad 'reality' TV show premier last night and I missed it. How could I have chosen to rent a movie rather than catch ABC's premiere of The Bachelor. This crap features a semi cute guy living in the same house as 15 women...All are looking for a major love connection. I'd expect this type of thing from Fox, but ABC? Does Mickey Mouse agree with this programming choice? I think not.

On a similar note, UPN now has a 'reality' show called Under One Roof where 5 families (Mom, Dad & all the kids) move into the same 4 bedroom house in Fiji and perform Survivor rip off tasks in the hopes of winning the deed to the house. It's hokey & pretty funny.

We rented A.I. last night & I've got to give it a giant thumbs down. Haley Joel Osment whispers throughout almost the entire movie, to the point where I wonder when he'll start talking about seeing the dead people. It was long...strike that...it was L O N G. The story dragged on and on and on...I know that we were supposed to be feeling for the kid/robot, but I never did feel the love. In the end I felt more for the faithful teddy bear (that gets the kid/robot out of a shitload of trouble). The ending is absolutely preposterous and makes you wonder what the hell Spielberg was on when he came up with the Aliens excavating Coney Island. Anyway, I was lured in with the cool special effects shots in the trailer and was horribly & wretchedly disappointed. Arg! Yuck!

Buffy is a repeat tonight, but it's the episode called "Smashed" where she & Spike get it on for the first time. It's a HOT love scene and for those of you who are skeptical of my reasoning on why I'm addicted to the show, I ask that you all tune in for this one, at least the last 20 mins or so. The whole sex/violence scene is absolutely the hottest thing I've seen on TV. It brings down the house - literally. 8pm on UPN.

The Osbornes is on MTV again tonight at 10:30. From what I can gather from the promos, Ozzie gets mad at the neighbors so he throws a log through the window.

Taxes are done. More info to follow. Cross your fingers.

Peace.

No comments: