Thursday, March 07, 2002

Tempest - I wonder how many calories bitching and whining about exercise burns? Good for you in sticking to your plan and diet. I had a weight watchers frozen meal lunch today – spicy chicken lo mien or some such – and I thought I was going to chew my arm off by around 3pm. What did I do? I ate a chocolate croissant. I have no will power.

It's a crime that any of us have to be inside today. Right now in Maynard it is a sunny 56 degrees out with hardly a breeze. Absolutely beautiful, damn it, and I'm stuck in here without even a window to look out of. It's a damn shame, that's all I'm saying.

Amy Fisher to box Tonya Harding? Ok, as mentioned a million times before, I'm quite fond of stupid tv. I just can't imagine that anyone would want to watch this. I mean, maybe if it was Foxy Boxing...

The Osbornes has been declared a hit. I only caught a little bit of the end the other night and I laughed hysterically. A must see. I look forward to the reruns. I also remember a time when MTV showed music videos - add that to the list of things that make you feel old, Hapa!

Trading Spaces isn't what it appears to be.. If you remember, Blixx worked on the show when they shot in New England over the summer. What Blixx has told me backs up the article - it all looks great on TV, but the materials they use aren't the best quality and the rush factor is horrible. When they shoot that final go around, most of the paint isn't even dry. Very interesting.

I'll be getting more work from Finance in my account executive liaison role, which is just greaaaaaat. (Smell that? It's sarcasm) The whole department has it's head up it's ass. They think it would be too much work to put out a How To type of guide for the sales reps, you know, who to contact for what? Very disorganized, but it keeps me from stuffing envelopes all day so I guess I'll just shut up and take it. I was impressed with Dino, my seagull manager, for keeping his mouth shut during the Finance meeting. They are all like we need your help blah blad…and I’m looking to get a new position so they would be starting from scratch. Man, they will be pissed but it’s shyt work that I’m doing and I won’t get paid for it until summer so screw you, I’m going home.

I'll be interviewing for the Exec Assistant job next week some time - the VP in question has been out of the office all this week training. I've heard that there are a ton of folks applying so I'm trying to keep my spirits up. I think I'll call BazarJ. As nuts as he is, he always boosts my spirits by reminding me that I'm a talented woman and that Monster or any company is lucky to have me. It's good to have friends like that.

No comments: