Friday, March 15, 2002

I was almost asleep on the couch last night, curled up in Blixx's lap as he watched some wicked boring show on the History Channel. So, I decided to go upstairs to bed before 11pm. This is a new thing for me, but I was beat and felt beaten up after the crappy day at work yesterday. No sooner than I'd gotten all snug as a bug, my eyes shot wide open and I was WIDE AWAKE. I watched some tv...still awake. I tried without tv, but to no avail. I called our fat cat Cleo over and she purred me to a fitfull sleep, but my tossing and turning must have been too much for her because she vacated my pillow. I remember being up at 2:17am, then again at 4:35. Try as I may I didn't get any decent sleep until my alarm went off this morning. There's nothing like that 9 minutes between snooze!


Three cups of coffee and some Diet Coke are what's keeping me awake at this point. It's afternoon and I haven't gotten any Finance requests yet, so I think I may be in the clear. We get paid today, which is good, but I've got to sort and hand out the checks to the 85 sales reps, which is bad. I can't wait for the weekend so I can be away from this place and get my head together. I'm helping Birdgirl move into her new house on Saturday, while Blixx is otherwise occupied shooting something for ESPN at Holy Cross. I'm pretty sure it's basketball, but you never know. He'll be beat (5am call time - ug) Sat night so we probably won't do much, but Sunday is Grip's birthday party. I haven't seen V in a while, so we'll have some fun. I can't wait to give him his present - it's super cool! He occasionally reads this, so I can't give it away. After the family party (i.e. wife & kid go to sleep) I'm sure we'll hit a bar or two to celebrate the Irish in us all.


I ran into EJK last night. To refresh, he's a dude I hung out with at Fitchburg State Collegewho works in the same building that I do. Cool cat...never did like the wife, probably because she couldn't stand me, but whatever. So we chatted about back in the day and the folks we used to know, and it turns out that I've got some online diaries to add to my links page. I'll refer to him as simply TJ, since it probably still drives him nuts when people call him that. Tempest, do you remember a gathering at DigScream's townhouse (we're in the Way Back Machine here) where you clocked a guy I was dating because he made a reference to a hotdog and menstration? Nightskye - do you recall a gaming session where a giant ego clash ensued until TJ's charactor (damn, if I can't remember his name!) felt the sting of a crossbow bolt in the side of his neck. {{{Make desperate gasping noises here}}} Yep, that's the guy. Check out his diary HERE. I'll add it to the links page as well, when I can. I dropped him a line & look forward to hearing back.


Peace.

No comments: