Tuesday, November 06, 2001

Howdy folks!

Thank you to Paul Smith for posting pictures from Nightskye & Rhinogirl's wedding. Is anyone but me shocked that he would have a Mickey & Minney on the wedding cake? I don't know why, but it just struck me as odd. Anyway, I appreciate the pictures and the commentary. Well done! The best part was that I got to see what CooGwuh & UIM look like, as we've never met. I remember Paul & Jade/Disney from the Tempest & Purge joining. Tempest - LOVE the dress! Rhinogirl looked terrific and they both look so super happy. All the best to them both.

Pegasi - I'm sorry to hear that you lost your furry friend. Two years ago, I lost my boy cat Tanis. He was a big boy who was tons of fun, and more of a dog in a cat suit than anything else. He knew my moods and was always there for me to soak him in tears or to jump with me in joy. Anyway, a friend sent this to me when he passed, and now I pass it to you. The Rainbows Bridge is a site with some great tools and chats to help you, but it's the poem that chokes me up every time. Grab a tissue before you read...trust me.

Blixx did not look for a Jeep yesterday, nor did he get rolling on the loan we'll need. He did not go to the bank, and he did not do any shopping. He went for a walk down to the lake & put some stuff away in the livingroom. That's it. Oh, and he helped me bring in the groceries and beer that I purchased after work, and after I went to pick up my prescription, in the rain & cold. I don't blame him for enjoying his time off, but it's hard not to feel resentfull of all the free time that he has, that I WISH I had. He & Toad are heading up a mountain & camping tomorrow into Thursday, then it will be the weekend. I'm just jealous, damn it. I try not to be too hard on him, but I know that my lists of things to do get to him...yet, if I don't leave a list then big things fall through the cracks. Crapass! I'm pissed off that I don't have free time & I take it out on him. Yeah, that's healthy. I've got to try to work on that so I don't become a nagging shew wife who treats her husband like a child. I've seen that up close and it makes me sick.

And I still don't know what to do about his birthday. Socks & underwear are more Christmas gifts than anything else. Ah, whatever! We're going to be cuddling & bubbling on Saturday so who am I to complain. Just roll with it!

There are no jobs to be had out there right now. I mean, I'm a (sometimes) glorified secretary & I'm searching Monster.com for jobs and coming up empty. I guess that stuffing envelopes will get my by for now. Actually, I start training in Oracle for that other job I was telling you about. I'll be liaison between sales & finance. I can already tell that it will take up more than 25% of my time and that it's going to be hard work, but I'm up for a challenge. I just have to stick it out until they open up some more $$ then I'll be all set up for a big raise...fingers crossed.

I've got training on a new Monster product that I won't ever have to use, but have to get trained on. Yeah rah, 2 hours of my life wasted away. I wish I had a lap top! Ah, I'll make my Christmas card list. There we go - I have a plan. Lunch is over (buffalo chicken salad w/ no fat blue cheese dressing) and I've got tons to do before this training sucks the life out of me.

If Rhinogirl and Nightskye are at Universal, then it is safe to say that they are riding Fire and Ice over and over and over again right this very minute.It's the most awesome rollercoaster ever.

I got this e-mail today and while I forwarded it to some of you, I still think it worthy to share with the rest:

Deep thoughts by Jack Handy:
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink, I feel ashamed.
Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered.
Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true, than be selfish and worry about my liver."



Peace.


No comments: