Tuesday, November 20, 2001

I am tired beyond words today. I went out with the managers for a wonderful dinner and some drinks last night. While I did have a few beers and a glass of wine with dinner, I didn't tie one on. They were doing shots & I refused and was called all sorts of names, but I held my ground....barely.

Anyway, it was a really good night. I feel like I developed some great relationships with the managers and Devil again mentioned bringing me over to Glasgow. He also said that his apartment is only 45 minutes from London proper. It's wierd to think that different countries are as close as states are over here, but I am excited to plan a little Europe vacation for next year. Even if Monster doesn't pick up the tab, I think it would be great to go over and visit.

So, I've had a great night where I feel like a member of the team and pretty damn good about myself for brainstorming some great team building ideas...then I get home. Blixx has been just sitting watching tv and is very mellow. I come blasting in telling stories and jumping around...he tells me to calm down. I don't know why it cheesed me off, cuz he didn't even say it in a snotty way or anything, but all of a sudden I'm pissed. Also I'd called him on the way home & he brought up how I schmoke every day & pissed me off there too. So, it was a rough night. I'm usually the one who ends up hanging out alone at home waiting for him to come home & tell me stories of his adventures. The roll reversal just didn't go well. I'm trying to think if I ask Blixx to calm down when he comes home all excited after a trip or a night out with friends. I'm also trying to figure out why he ticked me off so much with off hand comments - I'm being overly sensitive, cuz I know he didn't mean anything by his comments. Maybe I just wanted him to be as excited as I was to have gotten a life. Yeah, that's it.

So, I went to bed all out of sorts & ended up waking up every hour or so. I just couldn't sleep. Then the delicious lobster with asparagus & butter that I had for dinner didn't agree with me, so I spent most of the night running from the bed to the bathroom to rid myself of the bowel shaking earthquakes. I know you all really needed to hear that. :)

I slept maybe 4 hours last night and I'm loopy today. I've been wicked dehydrated lately...I can't get enough water into my system to keep my skin & lips from drying out. I thought it was the cold medicine I was taking for a while, but I've been off it for several days & it doesn't seem to help.

Angel as kick ass last night. I can't believe that Darla dusted herself so the baby could live.

Tonight on TV: Of course, there's Buffy. I'm also looking forward to the 3rd installment of 24. Smallville is also on, & I've been enjoying the story of young superman. Lex Luthar is a cutie, & I don't usually go for bald guys.

Peace.

No comments: