Monday, November 19, 2001

I guess Blixx & I are the only people who didn't see the meteor shower. We should've gotten up, but we spent all day on Saturday over at Grip's house. He was remodelling the bathroom...which intailed ripping everything up and out, putting down a new & level floor, re-doing hte plumbing, removing the cast iron tub...bringing up the new jacuzzi tub...you see where I'm going with this. I don't know why Grip's thought this was a one day project, but it isn't. Not by a long shot. So, we got there at 9am & didn't leave until after 10pm. I raked leaves in the yard with Teacher & babysat V. Man, that girl has a lot of energy. I was wiped out from chasing her around all day. She really is so stinkin cute, and is so talkative now. Unfortunately, she's discovered the word MINE.

Yesterday Blixx's mom came over to take us out to lunch to celebrate his birthday. It was nice..she had tons of pictures from her trip out west & the Hamptons...some of which were very good. At least I know to get her photo albums for Christmas now. One more person checked off the list. After lunch (chinese food - woo hoo) we had to go back to Grip's house to help with the bathroom again. I pulled Blixx out of there at around 8, because he hadn't been feeling well on Friday, with the intent of going home & chillin & watching the football game & maybe putting on our own 1/2 time show (wink wink). Well, since the bathroom is far from finished, Grip's came over to take a much needed shower. He ended up staying until 11ish, so there was no rest & no 'quiet time' for he & I.

Tonight I'm going to a coctail party & dinner for Devil, who leaves for Scotland shortlly. He's taking the management staff & included me...I feel so special. Whatever...free drinks & dinner sound good to me. Poor Blixx is all on his own for dinner & was gripping about it...I'm all like, what do you think I do when you aren't here??! Yeah, I feel real bad that I've borrowed a life for a minute.It's not like he'll starve - there's a box of mac & cheese in the cabinet if worse comes to worse.

Tonight on TV: Boston Public has the hot teacher 7 of DD, Jeri Ryan. I guess she's good looking, if you're into the tall, thin, blonde bombshell type. As a side note, whenever you see the teachers out for a beer, that is actually Doyle's Pub in Jamaica Plain. I've been there & they have a terrific selection of scotch (not my bag) & a chowder breadbowl that is absolutely to die for. Also, we have Angel, where his child will be born. Blixx better be taping, or he's a dead man. Crossing Jordan will feature the dude from Law & Order so maybe there will be some gratuitus sex. Fingers crossed. Crossing Fingers. I'm a funny lady.

Peace.



No comments: