Friday, November 23, 2001

I have arisen from the post turkey stupor. There was just WAY too much food. I ended uop jetting from Monster at around 2:30 & made it home in about an hour, which isn't to bad considerin the traffic reports I was listening too. We convened on Grips house, where the men promptly went off to continue with the bathroom putz. Teacher, Geridog & I made pies. We got so into the prep work of cutting veggies & making the stuffing that we totally forgot about dinner, but everything was all ready to go. Teacher's cousin came over in the morning and made omlettes, so we arrived just in time for the first feeding. It was all downhill from there. I brought some seafood hot apps poof thingies that were a big hit, and which we devoured around 1:30. There were 10 for dinner and food for at least 20 so it was all good. I almost killed myself with an extra piece of pecan pie. No lie - death by pie.
We then bottled our Christmas beer, which is going to be super strong kick ass beer. We then drove home & passed out, only to be awoken again today by Grips. Blixx & Grips went out to visit with DirtDirt, who was in town for the holiday, while Teacher & I went to the mall to do some early bird shoopping. I actually got out of bed like a shot today & did some shopping even before she came to pick me up. I got fleece throws (buy one get one free!) for Nanny & my mom, & some stuff for Blixx which I can't comment on here. I also got my mom some really beautiful mother of pearl earings, which were a particular find since she doesn't have pierced ears and clip ons are a thing of the past. Teacher & I shop well together and had a really good time. We got back to the house and set upon the turkey leftovers & now I'm typing away while Blixx is putting up wallboard. We're going to the Worcester tree lighting tonight, then Teacher has invited us to stay for dinner. I don't know if we will or not - they are terrific people and great friends...but we've spent an aweful lot of time together lately and I think I might want some alone time with my man.
The poor dear has been working his ass off for Grips the whole week...all he wants to do is sleep in for a day...and I'm getting him up early to go car shopping. I know I'm mean, but it won't get done unless I push him out of bed.
Oh, I went to the super sale at Michaels today & bought myself fixings to make a wreath. This is my first endeavor into this type of crafty arena, but if it comes out good I'm going to make one for my mother. We got out of going to NH to see them this weekend, but we're driving down next Sunday for brunch. Tempest - you guys going to be around? We've got to do the Nanny thing as well.
Ok, off to the tree lighting now...and I hear the pitter patter of V heading this way so it's her time, because at age 2...it's all about her.

No comments: